[UHNA] Re: Trustees

  • From: william DIss <wldiss@xxxxxxx>
  • To: uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 23:21:25 -0400

--- University Hights Neighborhood Association - NET Message ---------------

I agree that University Heights needs to be represented more, but sadly
it is too late to petition for the 2005 election. Petitions must be
submitted 45 days before the meeting prior to the Election meeting. To
be a trustee you still need to be a paid CUF member for 1 year prior to
the election and have attended at least 3 meetings in the previous year
(may 2003-may2004).  To be able to vote in this coming election in July
you need to be a paid member for at least 60 days prior to May 2005 and
also have attended at least 3 meetings in the previous year (may
2003-may 2004). You can be excused if you need to miss a meeting but
you must call the membership secretary Bob Olberding prior to the
meeting at 421-0876. I believe that there are 9 people running for the
open five spots this year, and they will have short bios published in
the next CUF newsletter. I believe they will also speak at the next CUF
meeting. For those who currently receive the newsletter, the info
saying that members need to be paid for TWO years prior to running for
trustee was incorrect and this should be changed to ONE in the next
newsletter. If you have any questions just e-mail me, or to check your
membership status call Bob Olberding at 421-0876. If anyone is
interested in being nominated for the 2006 election just contact any of
the trustees. Normally we only have 6 people running for the 5 open
seats, and the pool of eligible members is equally small.Usually just
30 or so people are eligible, and considering that includes the 15
trustees you can see why it seems that the same people are always
trustees. Hopefully more people will attend at least 3 of the next
years 11 meetings so the pool we have to nominate from is larger. For
more info check out www.cufna.org

        Thanks all, I hope this helps

Lee Diss
3026 Marshall