[UHNA] Just received this from UC......

  • From: "Pyne-geithman, Gail (pynegj)" <pynegj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 16:34:32 -0400

...sound familiar?

April 16, 2009

To:   UC Community

From: Gene Ferrara

      Director of Public Safety and Police Chief

The Cincinnati Police Department has asked the University of Cincinnati
community for assistance in solving a series of apartment burglaries in the
neighborhoods around the Uptown Campus.

These burglaries are occurring Monday through Friday between the hours of 8AM
and 10 PM.  Apartments are being targeted. The suspect is knocking on doors to
see if anyone is home.  If there is no answer, the suspect enters the
apartments by prying the lock with a small tool.  The suspect has been reported
to ring multiple apartment bells until someone lets him into secured buildings.
 Electronic items such as laptop computers and digital cameras are being taken.

Have you seen anything/anyone suspicious around your apartment building?  The
police are asking for assistance in developing a description of the suspect.

Has anyone knocked on your door or asked for money or other items that seemed
unusual or out of place inside your apartment building?

Have you seen anyone looking at or knocking on other doors in your building?

Please call Sgt. Matt Hassert at 476-9773 or 569-8511 immediately with any
information.  If you see a crime in progress, please call 911.

You may remain anonymous if you would like.

Thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Gene Ferrara

Associate V.P. for Administration and Finance Director of Public Safety and
Police Chief

Gail Pyne-Geithman, D.Phil.
Research Assistant Professor,
Department of Neurology, University of Cincinnati,
3125 Eden Avenue, 2324 Vontz,
Cincinnati, OH 45267-0536
Tel.  +1 513 558 7358
Fax. +1 513 558 7009

P Think Green!  Before printing this e-mail ask the question, is it necessary?