[UHNA] Graffitti, Graffitti and More Graffitti................

  • From: "Buddy" <kemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 20:50:36 -0500

--- University Hights Neighborhood Association - NET Message ---------------

For those who have been coming to our monthly meetings @ The Little Sisters of
the Poor you know of my strong dislike for graffitti in the neighborhood.  Well
again last evening some one or some people have spray painted over in black the
front wall of the LSOP. It had been sprayed up with green paint.  I have placed
notices on the city website and personally called as recently as this afternoon
upset over it not being removed.  Well, this evening when we went out to dinner
low and behold at around 7:00 PM we discovered that the pillars on the LSOP
property at the corner of Riddle View Lane and Riddle Road were all sprayed up
with black paint and they also came down Riddle View and painted a street sign
in black. This latest round of vandalism has happened since I walked down the
street at 5:40 PM this evening.
I will call the city again tomorrow morning at 591-6000 to see if we can have
it removed just as soon as possible.  They tell me it's just too cold yet to
have it removed or they are still backlogged from the snow and floods this
winter.  I have contacted the city about various locations on Riddle Road,
Riddle View Lane, Clifton Avenue, Marshall Avenue, McMicken Avenue, Probasco
St, Wagner Street just to name a few.

This graffitti has gang or drug related messages.  It is something I would
think that none of us who own property or live in our neighborhood would want
to look at this trash.  We have a nice neighborhood.  People coming into the
community who see this garbage sprayed all over everything would think twice
about living here.

Please feel free to call 591-6000 to report graffitti, litter and trash.  It
will help all of us in the long run.

I will get off my soap box now...........Thanks for listening.

Donna