[UHNA] FW: CUF email 10/02/09

  • From: "Kessler, Kathy" <Kathy.Kessler@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 08:56:19 -0400

Please see the information from Robert

Thanks,
Kathy

________________________________

From: Neel, Robert (neelrt) [mailto:neelrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2009 7:14 AM
To: undisclosed-recipients
Subject: CUF email 10/02/09

Hello Neighbors.

Just a few quick reminders for weekend events:

1. Into the Streets will be happening tomorrow, 10/3/09.  We have two
neighborhood projects for the park and a smaller group leading a
business district clean up.  Cathy Rafales will be leading a team to
Bellevue Park and Rob Neel will be leading a team to Fairview Park.  If
you plan on attending, it would be great to let Cathy or Rob know so we
can have an informal head count of neighbors who will be joining the
students.
Please plan on bringing your own work gloves and possibly a shovel.

Here is the schedule for tomorrow:
8:00 a.m. - Volunteers will be arriving at the Center for Community
Engagement (2639 Clifton Avenue in the Stratford Heights Complex) for
registration, specific volunteer site sign-up, and breakfast.
8:30 a.m. - Volunteers will meet with their team leader who will gather
necessary project supplies (work gloves, T-shirts, lunches, etc.), sign
waivers of liability, and distribute/complete any necessary paperwork
requested by specific agencies.
8:45/9:00 a.m. - Team leaders will bring volunteer groups to necessary
transportation to arrive at agency project sites.  Below are the means
of transportation for the various projects.  Please note that we are
awaiting the final bus schedule and will have 2 buses transporting
students.  For those sites that will have volunteers arrive by bus, the
timing will vary based on the drop off route TBA by the bus services.
9:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. - Volunteers work at project sites.
Noonish-1:00ish - break for lunch.
1:00-2:00/2:15 p.m. - Volunteers will continue the project and have
ample time to wrap up/clean up project sites.
2:15 p.m. - Team leaders will regroup all volunteers and lead the group
in a reflection on site.  Please note that this is different from years
past.  On the initial "Agency Project Registration Form" it had a space
for you - the agency - to indicate if you could come back to the CCE to
help in reflection efforts.  However, in an effort to incorporate more
student leadership, we have asked student leaders to lead a reflection
on-site, immediately following the project.  We definitely invite you to
partake in this reflection and provide feedback to your student group!
The reflection worksheet attached has been given to each student leader
to aid them in their reflection with the students.  Please feel free to
assist in reflection, help the students learn from this experience, and
understand the greater good that they are giving back into the community
through your project.

2. Muralworks dedication:   Saurday October 3rd 4-6 pm.

Music and food from 4:00 - 6:00.
5:00 - 5:30 Dedication of Mural to the Community of Clifton Heights with
Colleen Houston from Artworks, Debby Herman from CHIA, Minca Rimai froim
UC, and Jenny Ustick, the artist.

3. Clifton Community Clean Up (thru University Christian Church)

Greetings, fellow cleanupers!
This Sunday 4 October is our first cleanup of the new school year! We're
meeting at 1:00pm at the Collegiate Ministry House, 2715 Clifton Avenue,
across the street from McMicken Hall.  We'll be grilling out, so be
sure to stick around for free food after the cleanup!
     As always, there's no need to sign up prior to the event, and we
bring all the trash bags, gloves, etc.  Just bring yourself and your
friends!  For those of you who need service hours, we'll be signing
forms after the
cleanup.
Thank you, and we hope to see everyone there!

Best regards,
The CCC Team

Thanks everyone and hope to see you out this weekend, making our
community better.

Rob

-
This message was secured by ZixCorp <http://www.zixcorp.com> (R).
confidential and privileged information or otherwise protected by law.

and privileged information or otherwise protected by law.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the
all copies of the original message.