[UHNA] CUF Meeting Summery

  • From: "Cindy Summers" <CSummers@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 11:57:20 -0400

At the meeting on Tuesday, new president Rob Neel complimented the UHNA on
its community building-especially Wed on Porch, yard sale and block party.

The police reported more breaking and entering because of the wind storm. In
response to a question, the officer said that the police ask for social
security numbers of witnesses so they can contact them later in the
investigation. Often witnesses give false names etc. If you are a witness
and want more privacy, ask the officer if you can speak with him in private
or call him/her later.

An interesting presentation was given by Bonnie Phillips, Environmental
Compliance Manager for the City of Cincinnati.   The  agency enforces
environmental regulations and responds to citizens complaints about air
pollution etc.  It also  works on climate protection, redeveloping
brownfields and environmental justice issues. As I don't have time to
explain all that, you can contact Bonnie at
bonnie.phillips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  If you have complaints about smells or
pollution contact the HCDES hotline 946-7777

Block captains will have a short cleanup on Sept. 23  from 6-8 at Warner and
Victor.

Elizabeth Metz from UC's Center for Community Engagement spoke about the
Into the Streets program on October 4. Suzanne Summers said that Kyle
Canavera will coordinate the Make a Difference Day.

Daniel Lewis spoke about the homeowner's committee's work with realtor Jules
Brown   to increase home ownership. I invited members to our block party but
only if they bring a covered dish!

More details in the CUF newsletter. Please do your part by coming to the
next CUF meeting on  October  21 and participating in at least one of the
cleanups.   Cindy Lewis

762-7601

Fax 221-0391

csummers@xxxxxxxx