[ueb-ed] Switching font attributes

  • From: "Jean Menzies" <jemenzies@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ueb-ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 16:37:04 -0600

Following UEB and Braille Formats 2011. When an entire note or paragraph is in
bold, and there is one word that is NOT bolded for emphasis, how is this now
handled? The bold is purely a visual tool, and the emphasized word is the one
with “No emphasis”.

In the past I would simply ignore the bold and italicize the single word.

How is this now handled, and where is it mentioned? I can’t find a specific
example of this usage. If a switch is made, how is this indicated on the TN
page? Wording?