[uae] Re: uae from CVS

  • From: Uwe.Pannecke@xxxxxxxxxxx (Uwe Pannecke)
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 16:26:34 +0200

Hi Richard,

sorry for the long delay.

> I guess this is on your x86-64 machine (since configure has set you up to
> use md-generic)?

Yes.

> I haven't really thought much about adding x86-64 support yet.

Please do! :)

> I'll have to
> read up on the ABI. In the main, it would probably require only minimal
> changes to the i386 stuff. For instance, I suspect the i386 stack magic
> stuff would work as is. The JIT would needs some modifications, though. For
> instance, it would need to be told about the extra registers (so at least
> it can save and restore all of them).

My experience with the source on x86_64 (SuSE Linux 9.1):

1.
bootstrap gives me the warning:
m4/gtk.m4:7: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_GTK

2.
configure and make are working.

3.
But with the start over the uae gui
uae itself comes up with his window and then freezes.
It makes no difference, if configure runs with or without
--enable-libsuffix=64, if configure runs with or without --enable-jit .

> Feel free to send me patches. ;-)

Oh sorry, I am not a programmer,
looking at the source is like pick at the fog. :-)

But if I can help with testing x86_64 stuff, let me know.

Kindly Regards

Uwe
--
PGP 2.6.3-Key auf Anfrage, PGP-Key on request