[uae] Re: euae compile with X even --without-x

  • From: Giancarlo Erra <giancarloerra@xxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 00:06:41 +0200

Hi Rich,

ok I had an old SDL framework ... I changed it to make a few tries, now I have again the last one with headers inside and I compiled without problems.

I noticed some better performance, but still cannot play several games without dropping 1 frame, as in particular during graphic fadeins/fadeouts I always get the system slowing down, graphics and sound skipping, and the cpu indicator over 100%.

Do you have some particular hint to have better performances or is it normal on a g4 1ghz? Compiling --with-x means that euae uses X11 to draw his graphics instead of SDL? Could be better?

Thanks for your precious support, I know what it means to reply to all people asking (I'm the author of iLinkPod program .. you can imagine how many people write me and being not able to power up a mac).

All the best,

Giancarlo

Hi Giancarlo

On Thursday 04 May 2006 09:43, Giancarlo Erra wrote:
 Installed the sdl-dev (any other sdl
 package to be installed?),

Looking at your config log, it's still not finding the SDL headers.

After installing the SDL-dev package, can you check whether the headers are in
-I/Library/Frameworks/SDL.framework/Headers

... Without music, life would be a mistake. (Nietzsche)