[uae] Re: early startup menu

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:09:15 -0400

Hi Alex

On Wednesday 25 July 2007 08:34:11 alex wrote:
> using the latest version of e-uae. with kickstart 3.1 normally one would
> hold down the
> two mouse buttons together at poweron and be presented with the early
> startup menu.
>
> I cant get this to work for the life of me under e-uae.
>
> I am running e-uae onder FreeBSD 6.2/i386 on a Dell inspiron 510m. The
> mouse works
> fine under workbench, both left and right mouse buttons.

I think Andrew's right. The main problem is if your X server is configured to
emulate a 3-button mouse (which seems often to be the default). Thus a left
and right mouse-click together get sent by the server as a middle-button
click, not as left and right clicks.

If you pause slightly between the clicking and holding down the left button
and clicking and holding down the right button, then this shouldn't be
translated to a middle-button event.

If you do want to disable the 3-button emulation, look for this option in your
X config file (/etc/X11/Xorg.conf or whatever)

Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"

and set it to false.

Richard Drummond

Web:  http://www.rcdrummond.net/