[uae] Re: early startup menu

  • From: Andrew 'Truck' Holland <truck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:54:26 +0300

On Mi, 25 Jul 2007, alex wrote:

> hi all,
>
> using the latest version of e-uae. with kickstart 3.1 normally one would
> hold down the
> two mouse buttons together at poweron and be presented with the early
> startup menu.
>
> I cant get this to work for the life of me under e-uae.

It does work, but it is a major pain in the pat00kus sometimes.  Especially
with a mouse in 'emulate 3 buttons' mode.  Which I am in 95% of the time.  (And
no, I am not buying a mouse with 87 buttons on it; I use trackballs and my
favorite trackball has 2 buttons.)

I've had to resort quite often to repeatedly pushing f11 or f12 (depending on
the platform, osX or non-osX) + R to reset, and hoping it catches.  1 in 15
times it will.

It would be GREAT to be able to use a flag on the command line, or from within
the gui, to signal "send early startup menu buttons."