[uae] Re: WIP4 was rather buggy...

  • From: Toni Wilen <twilen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 12:50:04 +0300

Ok. Anyway, in my opinion the proper way is to save the config as a separate statefile chunk, not as a separate file + option to load/not load the "extra" configuration (or make it platform specific setting or something like that) when state file gets loaded.

I think I'll implement the first part soon (save current config inside statefile, perhaps even debug helper-option that also includes log files + other debugging stuff)

for psp/gp2x, we can't get a 50fps with sound so users try/prefer different configurations for each game/application like disabling sound or increasing frameskip etc..
thus we don't have a "default" configuration most of the time..

-GnoStiC.

Toni Wilen wrote:

btw, while you're at savestates;
i don't know if wip4 already has this feature but (pspuae/uae2x) saves the current configuration along with the savestate file so that loading a state resumes where you left (configuration wise)
Why is this needed? Why not just load user's preferred, possible customized, default configuration? (which is usually "correct" choice anyway)

Statefile already contains all needed hardware specific data and configuration is automatically re-adjusted when statefile is loaded. Host-side configuration (display, sound, input mapping etc..) has nothing to do with statefile and can be changed without statefile getting "out of sync".