[uae] Re: UAE Listing problems

  • From: Andrew 'Truck' Holland <truck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:31:08 +0300

On Di, 28 Aug 2007, Richard de Rivaz wrote:

> The objective of all this is to be able to pass information between a linux
> application and a UAE based application using files in a folder to which
> each has access. Perhaps there is an alternative way of doing this?

Please remember to keep this development cross-platform; I use e-uae on Morphos
as well as osX.  Whichever method is come up with for signalling an 'os update'
should be done in such a way that it doesn't rely on Linux features.

Also - I'm fairly sure this is a limitation of Amiga's filesystems, with the
possible exception of Samba mounted shares, though it may also apply to Samba.
The OS expects to be the only thing using a filesystem, simply because back in
the day it WAS.  This filesystem 'emulation' is in fact emulation, and you're
probably talking about creating a separate Amiga filesystem driver for this.
(Maybe looking at the samba code for Amiga will help... or, heck, maybe there
can be a FUSE type driver made for the Amiga side... rather than
system-dependent programming.)