[uae] Re: Test binary for OS X

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 06:43:22 -0500

Hi Byron

On Tuesday 11 May 2004 11:42 pm, Byron Q. Desnoyers Winmill wrote:
> sdl official          1:26
> sdl test              1:27
> X profile             1:03
> X disable-profile     0:51

With the Fink X server, I don't see a great difference. It's screen update
behaviour is different and sometimes looks faster, but SDL (at least here)
performs better in some ways. The average frame time with SDL tends to be
better at least. The performance of the CPU emulation is roughly similar with
both.

I wonder if a significant factor in the different performance you are seeing
is that the X version is built without support for output?

Of course, the Apple X server may have some magic up its sleeve which speeds
up rendering.