[uae] Re: SuSE Linux 9.3 and 10.0 - E-UAE crashes on opening emulation window

  • From: Lars Haugseth <lars@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:25:04 +0100

On Thursday 10 November 2005 18:17, Richard Drummond wrote:
> Hi Lars
>
> On Sunday 06 November 2005 17:19, Lars Haugseth wrote:
> > I have problems running E-UAE on SuSE Linux 9.3 or 10.0. I have tried
> > installing from RPM and compiling from source on two different computers
> > (laptop and desktop), and on every combination E-UAE just crashes as soon
> > as I push "Reset" in the GUI. I had the same problem with the previous
> > version of E-UAE.
>
> Does it make a difference if you press 'Pause' to start E-UAE rather than
> 'Reset'?

No.

> You also wrote:
> > I've done some experimentation with my ~/.uaerc, and it seems that the
> > problem is with the MIT_SHM extension of the X server. Setting
> > "x11.use_mitshm=false"  in the configuration file seems to fix the
> > problem, though I assume at the  cost of speed.
>
> That's interesting. And, yes, you're right. Disabling MIT-SHM will reduce
> speed somewhat.
>
> What CPU do you have? And what version of X?

Both computers are running SuSE 10.0 (same thing happened in SuSE 9.3 though),
using kernal version 2.6.13 and X.Org version 6.8.2. One is my laptop
(HP compaq nw8000) with a Pentium M @ 1.7 GHz CPU, the other is my desktop
(HP pavillion t180) with Pentium 4 @ 3.2 GHz CPU.

> I assume your X server does actually support MITSHM (I can't imagine why it
> wouldn't). You can check with:
>
> xdpyinfo | grep MIT-SHM

Yes, the MIT-SHM extension is included on both computers.

> Can you mail me your config file (off-list)?

Done.

--
Lars Haugseth