[uae] Re: Snapshot 20060831

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 08:08:51 -0400

Hi Lem

On Friday 01 September 2006 03:58, Lem wrote:
> Thanks for the new snapshot. It builds cleanly here on AMD64 Debian Sid.

Good.

> I have noticed an issue with the new SDL GL renderer. I'm using a P96
> display (800x600x8), and when I put a window over the top of the Amiga
> display, then remove it, it leaves a portion of the Amiga display black.
> The Amiga display doesn't update until I move the mouse cursor down the
> Amiga display (it updates in rows as tall as the mouse cursor).

Yes. The GL renderer has some rough edges still. ;-)

It's not handling expose events from X11 (or whatever the underlying window
system is) yet. The OpenGL renderer now tries to run single-buffered for P96
screens and redraws only updated rows of the screen, so needs to be told to
redraw damage from the host window system. I'll fix this.

> Let me know if you need graphical representation of the problem, I'm
> having a hard time putting in to words what's actually happening.

Thanks for the video. I understood you, but that really made it clear. If a
picture is worth a thousand words, how much is a moving picture worth? ;-)