[uae] Re: Question to all

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 12:25:51 -0400

Hi Steve

On Friday 05 May 2006 03:30, Steven Saunders wrote:
> You will need a universal-binary version of the SDL framework though.
> There is currently no release version of SDL that's universal, but
> it's possible to get 1.2.9 in beta form - although that version lacks
> some PPC features currently.

From what people have told me, building an x86 version of E-UAE requires an
x86 or fat-binary version of SDL anyway. Which means grabbing the latest SDL
snapshot and building that (1.2.10 actually).

> In practice though, I think it would be better to build the PPC and
> Intel versions separately... they can then be combined into one
> binary using lipo. This has the advantage that different configure
> options can be used for each platform so that the PPC portion will
> work on 10.3 and even 10.2 and the intel portion will be configured
> for 10.4 and later.

That was the method I was going to try and put together a script to do.
Basically, it would do x86 and PPC builds in separate directorys and then
stitch together the results into a fat-binary.