[uae] Re: Question to all

  • From: Steven Saunders <s_j_nevets@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 17:30:07 +1000 (EST)

>> Can anybody on Mac OS X help me to build an xCode project
>> from the sources? If we get this working, we could have a
>> universal binary of E-UAE and not only two versions (Intel
>> and PPC)
>
> It's not necessary to use Xcode to make a universal binary.
>
> I'll try and put together a script to do it.

Yes, Xcode is not required. You can build universal binaries using
configure by doing something like the following:

env CFLAGS="-O -g -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch
i386 -arch ppc" \
   ./configure --your-configure-options-here

(Note I haven't tried this with E-UAE yet.)

You will need a universal-binary version of the SDL framework though.
There is currently no release version of SDL that's universal, but
it's possible to get 1.2.9 in beta form - although that version lacks
some PPC features currently.

In practice though, I think it would be better to build the PPC and
Intel versions separately... they can then be combined into one
binary using lipo. This has the advantage that different configure
options can be used for each platform so that the PPC portion will
work on 10.3 and even 10.2 and the intel portion will be configured
for 10.4 and later.

__
Steve

On Yahoo!7
Answers: Real people ask and answer questions on any topic.
http://www.yahoo7.com.au/answers