[uae] Re: Pointer trails

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 14:13:57 -0500

Hi Keith

On Saturday 06 March 2004 01:07 pm, you wrote:
> I kept a backup copy of the old AmigaOS install, and I'll do a
> file-by-file comparison. One lib at a time, I'll swap them over until I
> can reproduce the problem.

Brave man. ;-)

> Off the top of my head, the only "graphics
> oriented" library that has changed is NewIcons. Remember that I said I'd
> seen this phenomenon before on a "real" Amiga? Well it's coming back to
> me now, I'm about 50% certain that NewIcons had something to do with it.

Hmmm. NewIcons doesn't seem to be a problem here. I had a feeling that the
problem was somehow related to the way JIT accesses the P96 memory. The
pointer is a software sprite and gets manually drawn and wiped in the
framebuffer. But please do carry on and see if you can pin down what's
causing the problem on your system . . .