[uae] Re: Pointer trails

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 11:53:26 -0500

Hi Montag

On Tuesday 09 March 2004 01:25 am, you wrote:
> Last mail of the day.
> I raised Z3 mem to 128MB and the black boxes are gone, leaving place to the
> return of the sticky pointer effect. A much better behaviour because, as I
> said, it disappear in a matter of time.
>
> I hope it will help you in understanding the nature of the problem.

I understand the symptoms - just not the cause or the remedy. ;-)

I wonder if the common factor causing this problem for you and Keith is that
you both have NVidia chipsets. Are you both using NVidia's X drivers? (And
does anybody out there experience this problem who doesn't have an NVidia
chipset and X drivers?)

Perhaps there is some caching problem with the framebuffer memory?

Do you both have MTRR enabled in your kernel? And does the NVidia X driver
enable write-combining on your gfx card's memory? (Have a look
in /proc/mttr).