[uae] Re: New snapshot or source code

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 20:43:17 -0500

Hi Jens

Phew! I go out for a day, and suddenly there's a huge (relatively) amount of traffic on this list. ;-b

On Jan 27, 2008, at 6:56 AM, Jens Weichert wrote:

"configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables"

As others have said, this is a sign that's something gone pear-shaped with the configure script (usually due to bad parameters you supplied or your build environment). Have a look at the config.log file that configure created. It'll tell you what actually went wrong.

I'm running into some new problems here (especially when cross- compiling) with the configure script when using autoconf 2.61, so if you do dig up anything useful, please let me know. It may be easier for you to just forward your config.log file to me (privately, off- list).