[uae] Re: Inactivity lock-up

  • From: Derek Piper <dcpiper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 15:59:15 -0500

Silly to reply to my own post but I also thought I should mention the lock-ups when clicking the 'close' window button and/or clicking 'Quit' that occurs quite often. It seems to be once the emulation has been started running a game. If I load Kickstart, let it sit at the hand holding a disk it might quit cleanly but only if I click the 'Quit' button. Anyone else have those problems?

I get the error when I try and quit otherwise:

Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x4ae)!

Derek

Derek Piper wrote:

Hi,

I have been playing with both UAE-0.8.25-20040302 under Linux (Debian) and WinUAE 0.9.90 on Windows 2000. I've noticed that if I leave a game/program running for a while on UAE it locks up, and the only way to sort it out is to kill -9 the process. Has anyone else experienced that behaviour? Under WinUAE, I don't get that happening, even under the same games.
Since my initial troubles, it's been running pretty good otherwise :) Thanks!

    Derek

-- Derek Piper - dcpiper@xxxxxxxxxxx - (812) 856 0111 IRI 323, School of Informatics Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana