[uae] Re: Guys, good or bad news...

  • From: Dennis Smith <dennis48066@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 07 Jun 2005 16:46:25 -0500

Hello ,

On 06/06/2005, you wrote:
> At 8:35 PM +0200 6/6/05, Jens wrote:
>>Today, on the WWDC 2005, steve jobs has spoken!
>>
>>Future Macs have Intel Inside!! For UAE Fans are very good news... It's
>> easy to port WinUAE (or Rich's UAE with JIT) to Mac OS X but!! but, bad
>>The distance to Windows PC will be smaller and smaller! I hope, Apple
>> build better mainboards with own chipsets!!
>>What's your opinion about this transformation??

> Apple would be FOOLS to make their own chipsets. That's one of the major
> advantages to using x86!
> Don't blame Apple for this, blame IBM for not delivering. ...
...8<...

I'm more or less curious how this will affect Amiga PPC ? It looks good for
supplies now, but I wonder if IBM cares  about that latest hitch.

Didn't Apple wave bye-bye to Motorola for the same reason in '86 -'87 ?
ISTR, in TV movie - "Pirates of Silicon Valley",  the household was shookup
with the innovative changes to Mac & PPC from the 'IIe' & 68k  daze.

It all about taking a kick at the Longhorn and putting more$ in thier
pockets I think. If iPod made them bundles with Intel, why nor the platform
for OSX!

Regards, Dennis