[uae] Re: Guys, good or bad news...

  • From: anarkhos@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 17:01:19 -0700

At 8:35 PM +0200 6/6/05, Jens wrote:
>Today, on the WWDC 2005, steve jobs has spoken!
>
>Future Macs have Intel Inside!! For UAE Fans are very good news... It's easy
>to port WinUAE (or Rich's UAE with JIT) to Mac OS X but!! but, bad news:
>
>The distance to Windows PC will be smaller and smaller! I hope, Apple build
>better mainboards with own chipsets!!
>
>What's your opinion about this transformation??

Apple would be FOOLS to make their own chipsets. That's one of the major
advantages to using x86!

As for UAE, it will be possible to run WinUAE in WINE.

Don't blame Apple for this, blame IBM for not delivering. IBM has had 3-4 years
to deliver fast desktop processors and cool notebook processors, and they have
failed. Jobs made it clear that Apple can't see their future given IBM's
projections. IBM has probably decided Apple isn't worth the effort given their
monopoly on gaming consoles.