[uae] Re: E-UAE-0.8.28-RC2 released

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 01:36:05 -0400

Hi Dennis

On Monday 15 August 2005 11:55 pm, Dennis Smith wrote:
> You're welcome on the Euae icon.! I was experimenting one day with
> Brilliance and that one fellout  out of the works! Glow icons are easily
> worked on in the OS icon editor! :)

Yes. :-)

> Yes, sorry 8.28RC2 flopped.; well I wasn't sure why. The  0.8.27
> (UAE-sdl-Testing-Jun07,2005) was the best candidate for release:I thought.
> It's  reasonably  fast (close to 68030)!

The CPU performance in RC2 shouldn't be any different. It's just filesystem
performance on AmigaOS hosts that was screwed. I know what the problem is.
The fix is simply to go back to not using a multi-threaded virtual
filesystem.

> I thought  you were going to look
> at the CD  directory bug. I didn't checkout 0.828 RC2 too much. Exceedingly
> too slow!

Refresh my memory about that one, please. Do you mean that you couldn't mount
a host path ending in a ':' or '/' (which meant you couldn't mount CD0:, for
example, as virtual filesystem)? That problem is fixed now.

RC2 now has supports the SCSI emulation - so you can use a host CD-ROM drive
directly (with a suitable CD filesystem installed in the emulated
environment). You no longer need to resort to mounting CD0: as a virtual
filesystem, for example.