[uae] Re: E-UAE WIP3 on G5 1.8 Dual

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 11:44:36 -0400

Hi Klaas

On Wednesday 09 August 2006 06:01, Teuntje wrote:
>      I transferred this system to the G5 (dual 1.8) and used
>     the 0.29 WIP3. I would ecpect it to be faster (far more
>     CPU power and remarks that 0.29 is faster in the UAE
>     mailing list. That I didn't see.
>    The remarks are just to give some feedback on the system.

It depends what you are running in E-UAE. However, I would certainly expect a
G5 system to emulate the 68k CPU a lot faster.

Are you sure there's no speed difference? Are you measuring this, or does it
just feel no faster?

BTW, the CPU emulation isn't any faster between versions 0.8.29 WIP3 and
0.8.28. There have been various optimizations to the chipset emulation and
the display of native Amiga screens.

>     Now I will try to get the latest source under XCode and
>     see if I can produce a working UAE system. That would
>     be a major event for me.

X code isn't supported at the moment, I'm afraid. It uses the GNU autotools
stuff to build the makefiles.

From a shell terminal, you need to do something like:

./configure --with-sdl-gfx --with-sdl-sound

and when that finishes:

make

And then go away and have a cup of tea or a beer or something while it
compiles.