[uae] Re: E-UAE WIP3 on G5 1.8 Dual

  • From: Teuntje <siaoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 12:01:46 +0200

Richard,

     I managed to set a UAE system up on a Mini G4  1.25.
    It run the 0.28 system.  It is replacing my dying A4000.
    The CD-ROM part doesn't work, but I stil trying to get
    a handle on this using the log.

    I transferred this system to the G5 (dual 1.8) and used
   the 0.29 WIP3. I would ecpect it to be faster (far more
   CPU power and remarks that 0.29 is faster in the UAE
   mailing list. That I didn't see.
  The remarks are just to give some feedback on the system.

   Now I will try to get the latest source under XCode and
   see if I can produce a working UAE system. That would
   be a major event for me.

regards,
   Klaas Punt

On 08 Aug 2006, at 22:31, Richard Drummond wrote:

Hi Klaas

Sorry for the slow reply. I overlooked your mail...

On Thursday 03 August 2006 06:20, Teuntje wrote:
I transferred a reasonably good working E-UAE system from my Mini
and tested the new code. It was not faster!

Not faster than what?

It refused to quit on the usual PF11+Q.

That's odd. I've no idea why that should be. Anybody else seen this?

Still no luck getting use of a CD-ROM.

Have a look at:
http://uaedev.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/uaedev/uae/docs/ scsi.txt?revision=1.2

Sorry, SCSI support on OS X is crap at the moment. I really need to find the
time to write a native SCSI wrapper.

Points to beware with the current OS X implementation:
1) You must have a writeable CD/DVD drive.
2) You must start E-UAE with no media inserted in your drive.