[uae] Re: Cartrigde ROMs

  • From: Jens <der_nexus@xxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 23:01:10 +0200

One more Re Rich

Am 18.09.2004 um 22:29 schrieb Richard Drummond:

Hi Jens

On Saturday 18 September 2004 02:46 pm, Jens wrote:
A comment to the speed. When I run OS 3.1 uae runs in good speed, but
the graphics in os 3.5+ breaks the emulation out.

Probably the biggest difference between OS3.1 and OS3.5/3.9 is the rendering
of icons. OS3.1 uses planar icons, while OS3.5/3.9 uses palette-mapped icons.
The former is fast; the latter is CPU-intensive and thus slow on UAE without
a JIT.

Do you know about a friend of you he can help you to optimize this
speed problems? I think for many people speed have a very high priority

I do have some ideas for optimizing the core CPU emulation. Who knows - maybe
one day I'll find the time to finish the PPC JIT engine. ;-)

This were the best news about this emulator and you get a very high status in our community ;o)

Cheers, Rich