[uae] Re: A couple of questions

  • From: Andrew 'Truck' Holland <truck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 14:55:00 +0200

On Di, 11 Dez 2007, Ruben Mart?nez Manzano wrote:

> E-UAE 0.8.29 R4 on Mac Intel, Hi-Toro 0.5.0.
>
> Okay guys, here are three bugs that happened to me, I'm curious to know how
> often these happen or if you have them identified.
>
> -          Sometimes, E-UAE freezes when going back from full screen to
> windowed mode. Most of the time it works, but it has crashed at least three
> times for me. When this happens, windowed mode begins, but the E-UAE window
> remains white, it doesn't react to keys or menu actions, and only a "force
> quit" will exit.

"Amiga" resolution (PAL/NTSC) or RTG?

I saw this once, but I am _fairly_ sure it was RTG mode, and I had more than
one screen open (I tend to have more than one screen) and ONE worked, the other
was frozen.  I blamed the RTG driver, cuz I saw that once on my Picasso.  I
could be _very_ wrong here.

> -          The icons on the Mac desktop sometimes get moved to fit the Amiga
> resolution (I run it at with the native Amiga PAL resolution, 640x512). So
> all the Mac icons end up on the upper left corner of the screen. This doesn't
> happen always, but rarely. I suspect it happens when it crashes (previous
> point), but that's only an intuition, I haven't actually checked the
> relationship.

I have had this issue as well, working with the SDL library and my own
programs.  It appears to be due to the way SDL creates fullscreen applications
on osX.  Actually, it may be more than SDL; I know this happens with some other
applications as well, such as Parallels Desktop or Starcraft.

So it may, in fact, be an osX issue, helping to prevent you 'losing items on
the desktop.'

> PS I suppose a vacation message from Jeremy Hooper will come right after
> this. I hope he's enjoying himself :)

Actually, the way the list works, I get the message from Jeremy BEFORE the
others.  He's my E-uae list warning system!  Thanks, Jeremy!  (: