[uae] Re: A couple of questions

  • From: Ruben Martínez Manzano <ruben@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 14:17:33 +0100

> "Amiga" resolution (PAL/NTSC) or RTG?
>
> I saw this once, but I am _fairly_ sure it was RTG mode, and I had more
> than one screen open (I tend to have more than one screen) and ONE
> worked, the other was frozen.  I blamed the RTG driver, cuz I saw that
> once on my Picasso.  I could be _very_ wrong here.

I'm sure it was a vanilla Amiga PAL screen. I had disabled all RTG because I
was trying to replicate my old setup faithfully :)

> I have had this issue as well, working with the SDL library and my own
> programs.  It appears to be due to the way SDL creates fullscreen
> applications on osX.  Actually, it may be more than SDL; I know this
> happens with some other applications as well, such as Parallels Desktop
> or Starcraft.
>
> So it may, in fact, be an osX issue, helping to prevent you 'losing
> items on the desktop.'

It could be that. It never happened to me with Parallels but I don't use it in
full screen, only with the Coherence interface. My guess was that if E-UAE
crashed and was forced to exit, the SDL thread would be killed without any
cleanup, and that could account for the icons being displaced.