[triadtechtalk] Re: triadtechtalk Digest V7 #83

  • From: Armando Barreiro <avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 09:24:26 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

It's easier to get older than it is to get wiser, Brian.

Don't know if xcopy32 will be a method that can be used in Vista.
Perhaps xxclone will work, it does work for 98, me, 2k and xp now:
http://www.xxclone.com/

Do you use all those programs that you have installed in 98?
I had a zillion installed myself and realized that I rarely used any of them,
so I uninstalled them.

I recommend you don't rush out and purchase a Vista PC immediately upon
V.'s release. If we but would learn from history, it would seem that you'd be
wise
to allay your hunger for a new PC until the kinks are worked out of V. TMO.
Remember 2k' SP1, 2, 3 and 4, or XP's 1 and 2?

As I said, the folk around here were probably too busy trying to keep their xp
boxes
working and have also forgotten the tricks for 98. (just kidding)

Although I've obseved that in most other groups people will treat a 98 user
with disdain,
I think it is the best OS MS ever produced.

It's just a shame that in order to do some work with a windows PC one must be
constantly tweaking,
fixing, updating, cleaning, defragmenting.......

I don't have to do any of that in Linux. My cousin, your neighbor in Wisconsin,
swears by Macs.
As for myself, I just love the tinkering!

Have a nice day and give my regards to the Mrs.,
armando