[triadtechtalk] Re: google as a slide show

  • From: "Howard" <bint@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:52:26 -0400

> > Hi all,
> >
> > Juanita is absolutely correct! The new Google Viewer is an experimental
> > offering from Google Labs. It is not a download but instead simply a a
new
> > way to view the results of a search in a slide show type format.
> >

> > http://labs.google.com/gviewer.html
> Did you try to new search thingie? I depend on this group to help keep me
out of unwanted trouble. I knew someone  would come through for me.

> Juanita

You are right Juanita ... usually someone on TTT will come up with an
answer. In this case "Alan" ... good to see you Alan, I haven't seen you in
quite awhile!

I did try this out briefly Juanita. I doubt you can get into any trouble
using this viewer. Actually, to read more about it, go to the normal
www.google.com   and type in   google+viewer    exactly as shown. This will
show a large number of pages in the normal form (about 10 to a page). You
can click on one of the titles and read about how the viewer works if you
like.

Next, go to the google viewer     http://labs.google.com/gviewer.html
and type in the same thing    google+viewer     and click on google search.
This will show the same results as the other one, but you will only see one
result at a time but it will scroll to the next one automatically in a few
seconds and continue to scroll every few seconds until you select something
or click the STOP on the scroll bar. Each title shown in the viewer has a
bit of the story the title is about, showing under the title. Experiment
with it .. I'm sure you can do no harm.

Personally, I think I prefer the normal way where I can look over the
results of about 10 results at a time instead of waiting for the viewer,
however, each person may have a personal preference and probably should at
least try it to see if they like it.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!!

Howard