[triadtechtalk] USR V.92 modems

  • From: "CS IMAP" <eastofhope@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 18:39:32 -0700

I am sorry if you have received this post before, but I keep getting it
returned by Ecartis saying that there are no commands included.  I am
subscribed to triadtechtalk.
1.  USR V.92 Pro (5610 internal)

ICN software does not work.  Any clues?  Currently, I have removed the ICN
software and the USR driver.  I have had to load in a generic driver to get the
modem to work without its periodic failures.  This is the worst product I have
worked with.  The software seems poorly written.  Any help will be appreciated.

2.  USR V.92 Winmodem

This modem driver will not connect to my ISP.  Appears to a timing issue.  Have
tried to reset the modem using USR's Control Center software, but it will not
hold settings for blocking V.92 protocol (I am trying to force it to V.90).  In
fact, many Control Center settings do not hold and I get loopback errors after
resetting the modem.  Is there a generic driver for winmodems that would cut
through the enhanced capabilities of the modem and just let it work at a basic
level?

Thank you,
Tipi