[triadtechtalk] Re: This message didn't go through???

  • From: RPRKOCVGGPED@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 20:04:45 -0700

From: "Howard" <bint@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

(www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=triadtechtalk) ***

> Thanks for the reply David. Can you tell me that if I run Fdisk as
you
> mention below, that the info now on drive C will be wiped out or
not. Thanks

> Howard

It will not. Fdisk will not destroy anything unless you specify that
it do so. Note that if you destroy one thing, it might turn out to be
another. This is a different matter entirely.

The only exception is that, if a hard drive has special boot software
on it, which exists only if your computer's BIOS cannot see the entire
drive, then a special command, done by typing "fdisk /mbr", will trash
your drive. However, if you aren't running such software, it is one of
two steps that will destroy any boot sector virus. Don't use it if you
don't know for certain.

Filksinger