[triadtechtalk] Re: SpybotSearch&Destroy Question

  • From: Degilbo <degilbo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 13:31:38 +1000

Brian, it appears that you do use Firefox as your browser, from what
you wrote. Firefox allows you to manage cookies. Click on
TOOLS>OPTIONS>PRIVACY>COOKIES. You will see there, settings you can
make or adjust to suit your needs.

Degilbo

On 8/8/06, brian <brian99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Hello to all members of the group,

 Today I have a much easier question than I usually have.

 I have been running Spybot Search & Destroy for years; in fact, ever since the
group recommended it.

 As with the computer, each day I seem to understand just a little bit more
about how my various programs  works.

 And each time I run Spybot Search & Destroy I get a list of about 4-5 problems
that are mostly labeled as tracking cookies.

 I select "fix selected problems" and delete them.

 But today, hoping to learn a little more, I am wondering is there a easy way to
adjust my settings in Spybot Search & Destroy or another program, to not get
these cookies at all? Or is it just a consequence of surfing and more trouble than
it is worth trying to block theses kinds of cookies?

 This is what I had listed this morning:

 Spybot Search & Destroy V1.3 Results
 2006-08-04

 1. WebTrends live:
     Tracking cookie (Mozilla: default) (Cookie, nothing done)

 2. AdsAlert:
     Program directory (Directory, nothing done)
       C:\Program Files\PcPrivacySoftware.com\

     AdsAlert: Settings (Registry key, nothing done)
       HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\PCPrivacySoftware

 3. Advertising.com:
     Tracking cookie (Mozilla: default) (Cookie, nothing done)
       Advertising.com: Tracking cookie (Mozilla: default) (Cookie, nothing
done)
       Advertising.com: Tracking cookie (Mozilla: default) (Cookie, nothing
done)
       Advertising.com: Tracking cookie (Mozilla: default) (Cookie, nothing
done)

 4. CasaleMedia:
       Tracking cookie (Mozilla: default) (Cookie, nothing done)
       CasaleMedia: Tracking cookie (Mozilla: default) (Cookie, nothing done)
       CasaleMedia: Tracking cookie (Mozilla: default) (Cookie, nothing done)

 5. MediaPlex:
       Tracking cookie (Mozilla: default) (Cookie, nothing done)
 ========
 It is sure great to not have a serious problem or chrisis for a change!!!

 Thanks for any help.

 BRIAN