[triadtechtalk] Spider

  • From: "Juanita Kimble" <jkimble@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 09:07:22 -0600

Here is the answer to my post about Spider.

funny thing, the box I was getting that  ( this isn't a valid zip file) every
time I clicked ok it put another
bar on the progress thingie. The same message kept popping up. Each time I
clicked Ok again it put another
bar, until it was filled up. Then I was able to see my backups

Juanita

Do you mean this program
http://www.fsm.nl/ward/ its defiantly a good program. I have it , haven't used
it
lately, and don't know why it would have anything to do with SpyBots recovery
nor email. thats not what its for,, it can cleanup the hidden index.dat files
But we can do this also with SpyBot..
since your having problems with the recovery ,try this
open SpyBot in advanced mode then to the tools, find the secure shredder
panel/window minimize SpyBot for now.
open a folder/explorer window by right clicking on it, choose explore,
navigate to depending on your OS the recovery folder(SpyBots)

For Windows 95/98, the file is located in C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot -
Search & Destroy\.
For Windows ME, the file is located in C:\Windows\All Users\Application
Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\.
For Windows NT/2000/XP, you will find it in C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Application Data\Spybot -
Search & Destroy\.
open it recovery folder) and drag the content to the secure shredder.
we can do the same thing with the contents of TIF (temporary Internet files).

I usually do it(clear the cache) daily with IE options and once a month or so
delete the index dat with secure
shredder.,and chop away
This is for windows 9x and ME >
so with explorer navigate to the TIF > you should see a Content.IE5 folder,
either drag it to secure shredder
or open and drag the index dat there.
anyway you need to right click choose explorer in order to see contentIE5
normally we cant see it..

---

GIF image