[triadtechtalk] Re: (No To: triadtechtalk@freelists.org

  • From: "The Prusik's at Bunkered Inn" <79erkilo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 00:09:37 -0600

Hey, that's a great idea, wonder why I never thought of that?  ;)  (I've only
had a computer since March 2001, that's why!)
    I have another question that has come up because of that answer though.  I
just opened Drive C and there are a bunch of files there with "0" kilobytes.
They all are from within the last three-four months and start out "S3VV----".
I tried a Google Search (What I always fall back on in cases of "Hmmmm?!?...")
and nothing showed up.  I better say one thing before I go much further.  I was
reading about how much better Spybot was and I had Lavasoft AdAware, which is
supposedly out of date and could delete some bots that have now slyly been
hidden in programs so that when they are deleted the programs stop working or
get messed up, so I uninstalled AdAware.  For the past three days I have tried
to find the link to download Spybot, but either I am mentally deficient or the
download link is missing on the main site and the mirror sites...  So I was
thinking that they might be some of these new type of bots.  But I have no clue
since they are "unknown files".
Thanks!
Donna