[triadtechtalk] Re: Missing Drive??

  • From: "Howard" <bint@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 10:11:47 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: Howard <bint@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I spent most of today using FDisk and format to wipe my hard drive clean and
start over, but I only have win98SE up and running. Not much on it either,
but the anti virus is running and updated today.

(I'm answering my own mail! Something is definitely wrong!!)

Problem: Yesterday, I used Fdisk to partition my 20Gig hard drive into 3
drives .. C,D and ?. For some reason, I now have drive C (7gig), drive D
(6gig) and no other drive showing in My Computer or anywhere else. I know I
did something wrong using Fdisk as I never did see that I was offered to
name the 3rd drive (also 6Gig). I formatted the 2 drives ( C & D ) and
reinstalled win98SE on drive C (the active partition). Can someone help with
instructions to locate, name and format the 3rd drive? I admit to knowing
very little about Fdisk and I'm sure that's where the problem lies. I do not
want to add more to my C drive in case it has to be formatted again and I
certainly won't install win2K on D until I can solve this dilema. For those
of you who know how to do this .... please help (and NO I don't have
Partition Magic).

Thank you ...

Howard
bint@xxxxxxxxxxxx