[triadtechtalk] Re: Java Problem

  • From: avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 10:43:41 -0800 (PST)

Which OS & browser? XP/IE?
1)Try restoring the defaults in the browser.
2)Try repairing IE.
3)Have all the MS critical updates & patches been
applied?

4)Update the Virtual Machine program at the Microsoft
Windows update site.
This is Microsoft?s version of Java that is compatible
with the Sun Java plug-in. You can find the Sun Java
plug-in at the link below:
http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/

5)Though this may seem to be overkill, try doing all
the suggestions offered here though they may appear not
to apply to your present situation:
http://www.updatexp.com/0x800A138F.html

6)If all else fails, try Mozilla 1.5 & verify if error
persists even with Mozilla.

HTH,
armando

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 16:35:24 +0000,
Hanish_Naran@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> Seems to be what I think is a Java problem. Our
> corporate web browsing
> needs to be authenticated, and to get authenticated
you
> need to load a Java
> authentication applet. it opens a window as if to load
> the applet but
> doesn't show anything, even if you left it for an hour
> it doesn't show
> anything in the box.
>
> I have downloaded the MSjava stuff and installed that,
> uninstalled and
> reinstalled IE, installed the Sun Java stuff, checked
> that the Java stuff
> is enabled in the advanced options of Internet tools
as
> well as all active
> x controls in the security settings . All security
> settings set to low
> security. Still problem not solved.
>
> No new software has been installed on the machine and
> it's only  been less
> than 24 hours since this problem has started.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> VIEW ARCHIVES @ //www.freelists.org
>
> UNSUBSCRIBE by sending email to
> triadtechtalk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with unsubscribe