[triadtechtalk] Re: Internet Anomoies =20

  • From: avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 10:15:24 -0800 (PST)

These notations are as a result of the word processor
in which the message is drafted and then copied/pasted
to the email program.

The "=20" means a new line/paragraph or page return
-"Enter", which cannot be properly interpreted by the
word processor receiving the message and includes this
delineator as part of the text.

This occurred a lot to me when I was transcribing a
bunch of poetry that had been copied to disk via Win
3.1's "Write" and later I was using Win 98's "Wordpad"
to open said documents that had been stored in floppies.

You'll commonly encounter this in groups where foreign
participants contribute while using their country of
origin's keyboard settings as well.

We should remember that a lot of the servers do not
exclusively run on Windows. Many use Unix & even
Linux...this too may be a contributing factor at times.

All things considered, its not like "The Tower of
Babel" revisited by any means, eh?

That's my 2ç .

armando

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:35:56 -0600, brian99 wrote:

Juanita,

Thanks for mentioning incredi mail as a possible source
of the problem. However, I don't have that program.

I use Netscape email and the only other one I have used
recently is i.Scribe Version 1.84. (I see that
IncrediMail was featured on the same page as i.Scribe
on the Email WebAttach download page that I downloaded
from http://www.webattack.com/get/iscribe.html

It was a great program but to lacked help on using it
so I "uninstalled" it. The program description stated,
"The program does not require an install", so I
couldn't remove it with Add/Remove.
Consequently, I just deleted everything I could find
with that name. Maybe there is something left over that
is causing the problem. I remember Chuck telling about
deleting things after removing programs.

I wonder if anyone else has tried this program and how
they uninstalled it. And what additional steps I should
take remove all evidence of the program.

Thanks, Now at least I know everyone else isn't getting
the annoying =20 inserts.

BRIAN
I had incredi mail once. I had those = signs on my
messages. I had a couple of friends that it happened to
also.
When we uninstalled incredi mail we had no more = s. It
is irritating.
Do you by any chance have that mail program?