[triadtechtalk] How to get rid of xcamera ads, etc

  • From: Juanita Kimble <jkimble@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 17:12:36 -0500

 How to get rid of X10 camera ads, etc.

> This came with some newsletter I received.  X10 has a site where you can go
> and shut off the pop ups for 30 days at http://www.x10.com/x10ads.htm .
> Someone figured out how to do it for
> a lot longer.  Here's what I copied.
>
> Click this link
> <http://www.x10.com/home/optout.cgi?DAY=1000&PAGE=http://www.x10.com/x10ads1
> .htm> to kill all X10 pop-under ads for the next 1000 days. Or, if you
> prefer, click this one
> <http://www.x10.com/home/optout.cgi?DAY=5000&PAGE=http://www.x10.com/x10ads1
> .htm> to kill all X10 pop-under ads for the next 5000 days. Viewing Cookies
> in IE will confirm that you're pop-under-free until 23 April 2015.
>
> It seems to work.

Copied this from another forum. Sure does sound good. I have POP. It don't
always keep the xcamera from popping up. I think it is because they come from
different sites with a little different wording. I have two on my program but I
still get them.
I thought some of you that like to experiment  would like to try the above. If
you do let us know how it works.
I bet it will be full of spy wear.