[triadtechtalk] Re: Cold boot!

  • From: RPRKOCVGGPED@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 11:15:37 -0800

From: Juanita Kimble

> --from Juanita Kimble <jkimble@xxxxxxxxxxx>--
> --reply triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> ***  Triad Tech Talk
> (www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=triadtechtalk) ***
>

> Since Clarence don't have anything in config.sys I checked mine out.
>
> It has
> DEVICEHIGH = C:\ windows\command\ Druspace.sys \ move
>
> Do any of you know what that is, or what it means? IT was put
> there in Sept.
>
> Just trying to get anything and everything the Grand put on here off, if
> doesn't need to be on here.
>
> Juanita

That's drvspace, not druspace.

Drivespace is a utility that allows your computer to read compressed hard
drives. If you have a compressed hard drive, don't touch it. If you don't,
you can disable this line by either renaming the config.sys file, or by
editing it by putting "REM " in front of that line (no quotes, and you need
a space after the REM).

David Nasset, Sr.