[triadtechtalk] Big Fix

  • From: brian99 <brian99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 10:22:56 -0600

Hi to all,
It looked a little light so I thought it would be a good time to ask a quick question.
I am trying to use Big Fix again and when I re-installed the program I got this message:

"UPDATE: MDAC 2.8 Available Microsoft has released Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) version 2.8. The MDAC 2.8 redistributable installer installs the same Data Access core components as Microsoft Windows 2003 Server. Please note that this release does not include Microsoft Jet, the Microsoft Jet OLE DB Provider, the Desktop Database Drivers ODBC Driver, or the Visual FoxPro ODBC Driver."

Since it is 5.3MB and doesn't give me a clue what it is, I hope someone can explain exactly what it, and the other things listed are and do I really need it.

Thanks as usual.

BRIAN