[triadtechtalk] Re: AnalogX

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 17:18:00 EDT

In a message dated 5/13/2004 12:47:59 PM Central Standard Time,
VGASCON@xxxxxxxxx writes:

As with  anything concerning system files, I recommend caution when dealing
with DLLs.  The AnalogX software writter is an extremely experienced
programmer; however,  he cannot know what exactly is running on your system.

My suggestion is  to run the program and find out what DLLs it recommends for
deletion. Once you  get the list, do some research on the Net to find out
what each is used  for.
can say that and lot more....... I tried dll archive...... and it showed an
extremly large number of"excess dlls"... so I went thru the list or attmepetd
to  go thru the list... but... considering it was well over 2000 dlls...... I
didnt  archive any of the list and closed the program and uninstalled it......
I am  using xp and yes,it has an inumerable number of dlls,but who is to say
I might  not need one of them that at a later point in time that I am  not
using right now....that depends upon the features I am using but may decide  to
change later........ near every one it showed as not being used was a xp
system file..... the dups ones were in the last good system file.. so it seems
as
a dependable and reliable tool it is questionable...dlls are called into use
by .exe files and/or other dll files and one of those dlls just may be  needed
by another dll to function ... .. so to me..... better safe than  sorry.... I
dumped it and concluded it wasnt for me..... if you are looking to  conserve
space etc n your drive..... if were me...... I would dump the unused  keyboard
translations... multi language things etc and unused font
files.....themes... MS games if you arent into solataire or minesweeper....
netmeeting if you
dont use it and MS messenger... there are programs and methods  to remove those
items without trashing your windows system and cut down on cpu  usage.....
but as was mentioned in another post.... the win9x series are memeroy  hogs and
lossy memeory users..... if you have the money to play wiht and your pc  can
handle it go and stuff as much ram as you can afford in your pc and you will
quickly see anything above 512 is lost dollars.... and xp will run effectively
on a 400 pentium as good if not better than 98 does on the same
machine.butit does need the ram to work but does work with 256 ok.. given that
drivers
for xp are available for the hardware in your machine and if you  have at least
a 30 gig drive you are more than good to go... look at the  laptops.... HD
size of most are startng at 30 or 40 gig......     this is what I have found in
my messing about with this junk.....
chuck...in Ok