[children's transport group] Re: transportgroup Digest V5 #7

  • From: "Ann Jackson" <Ann.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'transportgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <transportgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 16:28:46 +0100

Hi Nicky

Thanks for this.
We are going to try and challenge the report but I suspect nothing much
will happen.  We agreed to use Drager leads and their (more expensive)
batteries before they would investigate.  I suspect at the very least we
will revert to using cheaper batteries which appear to be just as
effective.

Ann

Ann Jackson
Senior Transport Nurse
Embrace
Yorkshire & Humber Infant and Children Transport Service
08451472472

>>> Davey Nicky - Matron - Neonatal Transport
<nicky.davey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 5/19/2014 10:29 am >>>
Warning: This message contains unverified links which may not be safe.
You should only click links if you are sure they are from a trusted
source.

Dear Ann,

We have been having lots of battery issues too over the last year. We
have 4 trolleys each with a Ti500 incubator on them. Between them we had
6 new batteries installed last year and currently have issues with one
trolley at the moment.

We keep all of our trolleys plugged into mains supply when not out in
use. They are all set to 37C.

When they are out in use two have the facility to be plugged directly
into "mains" supply power in our ambulances. This provides both power
and charge to the battery so I am told. The other two although attached
to ambulance power do not charge when in the vehicles but simply provid
ethe power to the incubator.

After talking to one of the Medical Physics guys they think that
perhaps Drager might have swappred their battery supplier - have you
heard anything along these lines?

We would appreciate any feedback / comments from others as to their
experiences with the Ti500.

best wishes,
Nicky

Nicky Davey
Modern Matron
CenTre Neonatal Transport Service
Level 5, Kensington Building
Leicester Royal Infirmary
LE1 5WW

Warning: This message contains unverified links which may not be safe.
You should only click links if you are sure they are from a trusted
source.
transportgroup Digest   Fri, 16 May 2014        Volume: 05  Issue: 007

In This Issue:
                [children's transport group] Fwd: Incubator battery
problems

Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 18:28:57 +0100
From: "Ann Jackson" <Ann.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [children's transport group] Fwd: Incubator battery problems

=20
=20
Ann Jackson

Senior Transport Nurse
Embrace
Yorkshire & Humber Infant and Children Transport Service
08451472472
=20
>>> Ann Jackson 15/05/2014 18:19 >>>
Hi
At Embrace we use the Drager TI500 transport incubators.  We have had =
numerous problems with battery failures resulting in a complaint to the
= company and an MHRA investigation.
This has been completed with an unsatisfactory response from our point
of = view.
=20
I am interested in who else is using this transport incubator and have
you = experienced any problems?
=20
How do you store them ie switched on/off/what temperature?
=20
How often do you do a battery test and how do you do it?
=20
Many thanks for any information you may have =20 Ann =20 =20 Ann
Jackson Senior Transport Nurse Embrace Yorkshire & Humber Infant and
Children Transport Service
08451472472
=20

You are subscribed to the DAILY DIGEST version.

Visit www.childrenstransport.com for more information.

You may unsubscribe at any time, either via the website, or by sending
an email to request@childrenstransport
.com with âEURoeunsubscribeâEUR
as the Subject.

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and
/ or privileged information and is intended for the exclusive use of the
addressee(s) printed above. If you are not the addressee(s), any
unauthorised review, disclosure, reproduction, other dissemination or
use of this e-mail, or taking of any action in reliance upon the
information contained herein, is strictly prohibited. If this e-mail has
been sent to you in error, please return to the sender. No guarantee can
be given that the contents of this email are virus free - The University
Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust cannot be held responsible for any
failure by the recipient(s) to test for viruses before opening any
attachments. The information contained in this e-mail may be the subject
of public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 - unless
legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this e-mail and
your reply cannot be guaranteed. Copyright in this email and any
attachments created by us remains vested in the University Hospitals of
Leicester NHS Trust.
* * * * *

This message came via the Children's Transport Group Mailing List.

You are subscribed to the INDIVIDUAL MESSAGES version.