[children's transport group] Re: conference reports

  • From: "Stephen Hancock" <Stephen.Hancock@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 20:02:45 +0100

Like your style Lisa, book me on the FA cup flight!

Steve

Dr Stephen Hancock
Consultant, Embrace Yorkshire and Humber Infant and Childrens Transport
Service
GMC No. 3588435

Embrace Transport Service
Unit 7
Capitol Close
Capitol Business Park
Barnsley
S75 3UB

0114 271 7494 (secretary)
0114 30 53013 (embrace office)
07659 513 364 (pager)
07768 261 489 (mobile)
Stephen.Hancock@xxxxxxxxxx

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or
distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on
its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please inform me that this message has gone astray before deleting it.

The information contained in this e-mail may be subject to public
disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless the
information is legally exempt from disclosure, confidentiality of this
e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed.

When emailing the Trust please be aware that email over the Internet is
not considered secure and the information held within the email could
potentially be read by others.

Thank you for your co-operation.

>>> "Moran Lisa (RTH) ORH" <Lisa.Moran@xxxxxxxxxx> 9/13/2010 10:45 am

Hi Ian,

It was great seeing you at Waypoint, next year we'll definitely have to
organize a neonatal section for the simulation competition!

The guy from Medstar is from NZ and is called Stefan Mazur, he was an
excellent speaker and was a NETS reg a few years ago. He's working at
HEMS at the moment, but has done a lot in retrieval medicine education
in Australia for the adult retrieval services. He's hoping to start
including neonatal and paediatric  options with in the courses he runs.

I have to agree with you about the air ambulance charities, I too was
amazed by the complexities involved with running such a service and with
how the NHS distance themselves. If we had a bit more collaboration
between the NHS and air ambulances, like in Australia, our lives would
be soooooo much easier! How good would it be to fly the FA Cup to
Wembley on cup final day in a helicopter emblazoned with the childrens
air ambulance, land in the centre of the pitch on live TV, drop off the
trophy and a few famous ex players and fly off...

Lisa Moran

Neonatal Transport Coordinator
Thames Valley Neonatal Transport Service
Neonatal Unit
John Radcliffe Hospital
Headley Way
Headington