[children's transport group] Ventilator on neocot

  • From: "Adrian Mattke" <adrian.mattke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 21:10:43 +1000

Hi everyone,

I just joined the discussion list - so short intro: I am one of the PICU
intensivists at the Mater Children's Hospital in Brisbane/Australia. We
retrieve over long distance and have an active retrieval program.

Currently we are getting a new neocot. So far we've had Babypack ventilators
on there, but I was unhappy about the strict CMV mode that the ventilator
allows only, as we have retrieve cardiac children that are sometimes better
off with a support mode. Also, there is no option of NIV.

I'd be interested what other people have in terms of ventilators, and
oscillation capabilities. We need to be able to go in fixed and rotary wing
assets.

A short note on what some of you out there have and do in terms of
ventilation would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Adrian