[tor] Re: syncing MyFamily and ExitPolicy

  • From: raidz <admin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 11:14:47 -0700

One of my friends is a puppet guru, has written the wiki articles for puppet on debian.org and would be more than happy to help us get a working setup for this using puppet. He said it should take a day for what we are trying to do and is very simple. We could start working on the setup next week most likely.

Please let me know if he and I can help out with this as we are both willing and more than happy to do so.

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 14:09:24 -0700, Andrew wrote:
I am going to start playing with puppet to see if I can figure a way
out to do this. Or something similar.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 6, 2011, at 8:19 AM, Moritz Bartl <moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 06.04.2011 11:01, tagnaq wrote:
We could change the permissions for torrc and init.d/tor accordingly?
If it is ok for you that debian-tor is allowed to login via ssh, giving him write permissions to the torX.cfg files is enough - no modification
of /etc/init.d/tor required.
(I'm not sure if on all of your hosts the user is called like that.)

Why not give the SSH user limited SUDO rights for /etc/init.d/tor , and
add it to the group that can edit /etc/tor/* ?

I think it should be better discussed on IRC, the mailing list should not be spammed to much IMHO. We have a lot of subscribers that are not
interested in the gory tech details I believe.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/