[tor] Re: syncing MyFamily and ExitPolicy

  • From: Moritz Bartl <moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 17:19:08 +0200

On 06.04.2011 11:01, tagnaq wrote:
>> We could change the permissions for torrc and init.d/tor accordingly?
> If it is ok for you that debian-tor is allowed to login via ssh, giving
> him write permissions to the torX.cfg files is enough - no modification
> of /etc/init.d/tor required.
> (I'm not sure if on all of your hosts the user is called like that.)

Why not give the SSH user limited SUDO rights for /etc/init.d/tor , and
add it to the group that can edit /etc/tor/* ?

I think it should be better discussed on IRC, the mailing list should
not be spammed to much IMHO. We have a lot of subscribers that are not
interested in the gory tech details I believe.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/