[tor] Re: Is it possible to prepend "[Torservers *]" to list subject?

  • From: Bernard Tyers - ei8fdb <ei8fdb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 09:59:07 +0000
On 20 Feb 2014, at 05:20, grarpamp <grarpamp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> prepend [Torserver] to mail subjects.
>
> While appealing to the initiate, prepends waste valuable space
> in the subject line, which people already use poorly.

E-mail subject line max char limit is 998 right? An extra 6 chars isn’t that
bad. ;)

> Far better
> to learn to tell your mail application to filter the mail into a separate
> folder for you based on embedded list headers that every list has

My request for the prepending wasn’t for my filtering. I already filter based
on list-id.

As I said it was a human request based on how I group my mail filtering based
on topic of mail list:

Filter: Privacy Enhancing Technologies — tor-talk, tor-dev,
guardian-dev….tor-servers, and lot’s of other lists.

As I said it’s for my human eyes - easier to scan when there’s a bit of context
of where the mail came from…

> than to tell every list to prepend arbitrary, and possibly duplicate
> across some lists, strings.

I didn’t tell, I asked nicely.

Bernard
Bernard / bluboxthief / ei8fdb