[tor] Re: Is it possible to prepend "[Torservers *]" to list subject?

  • From: grarpamp <grarpamp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 06:27:51 -0500

> E-mail subject line max char limit is 998 right? An extra 6 chars isn’t that
> bad. ;)

Standard terminals are 80 chars max, less any scroll bars, per
message flags, dates, indexes, split windows, etc. ex: Your line
above already blew that out by six chars :) As would the current
untrimmed subject of this note if so prepended.

> My request for the prepending wasn’t for my filtering. I already filter based
> on list-id.
>
> As I said it was a human request based on how I group my mail filtering based
> on topic of mail list:
>
> Filter: Privacy Enhancing Technologies — tor-talk, tor-dev,
> guardian-dev….tor-servers, and lot’s of other lists.

There are inline tools that can modify messages destined for one
folder to suit, maybe even maildrop. Then there's 'supmua' and
'notmuch' mail tools.

> As I said it’s for my human eyes - easier to scan when there’s a bit of
> context of where the mail came from…

I used to say it too, till realizing it was questionable idea for the
world and there were better ways.

> I didn’t tell, I asked nicely.

I didn't mean it that way.